Practice Leader Application Developer - EpicLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 817739 Date posted: 08/12/2019
business needs with timely and cost justified products.
- Responsible for managing the design, development, installation and maintenance of systems.
- Develops, monitors and justifies multiple project budgets.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to management regarding long and short range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and information processing technology.
- Serves as the focal point for system planning/implementation and technical architecture planning.
- Serves as expert in high level problem resolution of information systems related issues.
- Leads multiple large-scale groups focused on managing, directing, and assuring adherence to information systems standards and procedures to attain secure, efficient and quality functioning of systems in major business or functional areas.
- Develops and monitors long range data processing plans and policies consistent with the strategic objectives and plans of the business units and develops budgets as per guidelines.
- Directs projects and processes with user management in specifying changes to systems and prioritizing requests for major business or functional areas.
- Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
- Establishes working relationships with other companies and vendors.
- Recruits and develops staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations and administers disciplinary actions as appropriate within the established personnel policies.
- Assists in the formulation and administration of Information Systems Division policies and standards.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with information technology responsibilities with prior experience in the business area.
- Minimum three (3) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, health administration, information sciences, or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge in project management, negotiation, system life cycle, principles of audit and control, budgeting and accounting, and risk management.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing applications in the industries environment and business area function are very helpful in order to relate to technical requirements to user needs.
- Extensive knowledge in full range of application development and commercial software acquisition, support, and implementation.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.