Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Practice Leader Consulting (Labor Management Partnership)Location: Oakland, CA Job Number: 615823 Date posted: 07/25/2017
Responsible for the delivery and management of consulting services in areas of key organizational importance.Supports leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals.
- Leads large-scale process redesign/improvement efforts designed to facilitate attainment of key organizational objectives.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of process and programs related to practice areas.
- Sets the overall direction of the practice to address key organizational issues.
- Staffs projects to ensure that teams are composed of individuals with appropriate skills and expertise.
- Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
- Collaborates with other Practice Leaders to provide support to regional and CSA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
- Support will include setting priorities for strategically focused areas, identifying opportunities for improvement, and advising on specific areas of expertise.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internal and external to KP.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente. Supervises and develops staff.
- Coaches and develops employees according to their strengths; creates a structure that will promote self-directed work.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum of four (4) years of general business experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of health care consulting and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, industrial engineering, operations research, public health administration, or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
- Demonstrate ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. Minimum 3 years management experience in a virtual environment as well as project management skills.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.