Principal Consultant, Market Strategy
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
* Position can be located in any KP mainland market working Pacific time hours *
Active participation in a range of market strategy projects essential to KP's membership and margin goals. Market Strategy&Analysis Consultants provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, deep data analysis&programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) create documents (strategic segment plans, utilization reports) that inform critical strategic issues.
• Thought partner with business owners to identify large-scale business/strategic issues.
• Contributes to overall department objectives/goals based on "global knowledge" of industry and organizational strategic issues.
• Represents Team's work to Health Plan and PMG senior leadership.
• Serves as subject matter/technical expert to Market Strategy Consultants and Sr. Market Strategy & Analysis Consultants I.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience OR master's degree and minimum six (6) years of experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel, Access and other databases. Must know how to manipulate databases such as MS Excel and/or Access, as well as manipulating reports and generating reports.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eleven (11) years of related experience preferred.
- Master's degree in business, public health or related preferred.