Principal, IT Technical Training ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 820029 Date posted: 08/19/2019
This position plays a critical role in developing the training strategy and driving implementation and adoption of a new IT-wide technical skills training program. The role is responsible for building a training program and supporting infrastructure from the ground up that will equip the IT organization with the ability to support the technical skill development of its workforce and to enable technology adoption. Demonstrated leadership skills, strong large-scale project management skills, information technology expertise, technical training skills, and stakeholder engagement skills will be critical to ensuring program success.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with leadership to develop a multi-year training strategy and metrics that will enhance workforce capability to meet business needs and supports the workforce with professional development.
- Drive the execution of multiple workstreams for program implementation and adoption by partnering with IT BIOs, stakeholders, and subject matter experts, etc.
- Consult with investment project owners, business functions, and teams for their training needs; assist with developing training plans
- Design, implement, and manage targeted training programs for large groups
- Lead and manage governance groups, establish training implementation standards and policies, align training with business practices and processes
- Manage external Suppliers, prepare business cases and financial analysis, measure training effectiveness
- Monitoring and tracking program results to measure effectiveness and outcomes
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new
procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable
business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that
impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and
influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative,
cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing
demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring,
and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and
weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Forecasts business's future technical and operational information needs.
- Partners with Executive Leadership to develop and define the business/technology strategy.
- Strategically aligns technology plans with business unit and KP's national and regional strategies.
- Directs the analysis of region-wide, complex information systems needs in project areas such as new business operating models,
innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational
- Oversees the implementation of cross-initiative technology or business process integration plans.
- Provides leadership through functioning as the key liaison and/or escalation point for business system, data, and/or process
- Consults on inter- and/or intra-regional systems and business process activities.
- Provides support to cross-functional management and leadership in the development of business relationships that support the
department's objectives to address business and/or technology issues.
- Consults on the integration of application systems regarding their operational and training implications.
- Provides strategic direction and serves as a liaison to ensure technology or process owners have access to the required
information and training for effective system or process operations.
- Negotiates agreements on deliverable due dates, requirements, and resources with leadership.
- Develops, prepares, and utilizes reports to track operational performance across the full system lifecycle within and across
business functions or areas.
- Develops and maintains resource (for example, associates, vendors, infrastructure) capacity planning and demand management
processes and reports.
- Develops, tracks, and oversees annual IT projects, staffing, purchasing, operations, and/or capital budgets.
- Leads the development, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of performance metrics (for example, data quality, customer metrics,
- Reviews and leverages summary performance metrics and outcomes to drive ongoing operational changes and improvements.
- Oversees the delivery of analytics to evaluate and ensure efficient, cost effective operational solutions which support systems
processes and functional requirements.
- Conducts, reviews, and summarizes research on topics related to technology and business initiatives for leadership and other key
- Leads and/or ensures departmental support in the development, implementation, and the maintenance of a comprehensive and
integrated data quality improvement and training program.
- Oversees the resolution of problems in technology and business solutions.
- Provides senior leadership with local, national, and international trends and legislative changes in healthcare technology and
- Takes accountability for technologies, systems solution design, data, and metrics to ensure alignment with the organization's vision,
goals and objectives.
- Ensures alignment, coordination and appropriate representation with other National Initiatives.
- Takes accountability for the preparation of source documents and technical/business manuals and enforces the use of established
and documented IT processes, tools, and best practices.
- Consults with departments and IT managers to ensure general security-physical, infrastructure, network, application- controls are in
- Consults with departments and IT managers to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery-procedures and infrastructure
procedures are in place.
- Partners with departments and IT managers to influences and establish cross-functional and/or cross divisional task forces to
identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.