Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Professional Development ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 740730 Date posted: 10/19/2018
Provides complex training, developmental, educational and consultative services to physicians primarily in administrative and managerial position. Supports the management development education needs, clinical education needs, physician health and wellness initiatives and physician patient communication training for staff physicians throughout the organization. Conceptualizes, develops, designs, and administers educational programs designed to support physician leadership and management development. Assigned independent project work is typically of fixed scope and definition. Project work and outcomes are reviewed by more senior staff.
- Recommends, designs, and develops and revises curricula and instructional materials for new and existing region-wide programs for Chiefs of Service, Physician Executives, staff physicians and others.
- Specifies educational and developmental needs of target population who are either in newly created and/or in rapidly changing roles.
- Designs and conducts needs assessments.
- Designs or adapts curricula to target audiences.
- Sequences instructional topics and develops learning objectives.
- Consults with medical center staff, regional physician groups, regional TPMG departments regarding strategy and implementation of education programs for intact work group.
- Monitors the quality of program outcomes.
- Provides administrative oversight to assigned multiple and concurrent programs.
- Screens, selects, prepares and trains internal/external faculty.
- Adapts standard leadership, management development, and medical education curricula to the unique needs of physicians and the KP environment.
- Coordinates/facilitates multi-disciplinary advisory/planning meetings.
- Minimum five (5) years of consulting and professional training experience with all levels of management, including senior level management required.
- Master's degree in education, human resources, organization development, public health, health administration, business administration, or related fields OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous teaching experience with highly educated and technically oriented clients required.
- Curriculum design expertise in management development, interpersonal leadership practices, behavior change theory.
- Demonstrated consultation, group facilitation, and platform teaching skills in a health care or complex business setting.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with coaching physicians highly preferred.
- Medical education or health care experience highly preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.