Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Program Leader Community Health - Food SecurityLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 847379 Date posted: 11/27/2019
Have you always wanted to solve social issues and make a positive impact on the health of millions? Passionate about addressing food security, the Food Security Program Leader will provide strategic leadership to advance a multi-faceted strategy for our members, our communities, and the larger food security ecosystem including external leaders and partners. This role will be part of a team that thinks big while relentlessly driving execution to achieve a vision of creating more healthy years for our members and communities we serve.
The ideal candidate will thrive supporting a bold and innovative initiative, and will work with a team that brings a human-centered, outcomes-focused, flexible and collaborative approach to help drive toward ambitious Community Health outcomes in the areas of housing stability, food security and social health.
- Supports the Co-Executive Directors in management of CMI and represents Co-Executive Director(s) in his/her absence.
- Develops and establishes the strategic direction and plan for multiple business units within area of accountability.
- Directly shares accountability for the outcomes and performance of PO and regions in identified areas [clinical quality targets and outcomes associated with specific CMI initiatives] though annual goal setting process.
- Develops, manages, and monitors high quality execution of the business unit(s)'s operating plan in concert with DCSQ overall strategic goals.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries and successfully resolves issues.
- Represents KP and CMI in external national forums through presentations of KP/ CMI work and achievement of KP/ CMI awards and recognitions.
- Brings KP perspective and influence to external organization's work in appropriate population care measurement and reporting [HEDIS, AQA, NQF, Leapfrog, CMS].
- Identifies and leads strategic initiatives in and across regions for targeted areas of quality and/or health care delivery population management improvement that are aligned with the organization's national quality goals with program-wide impact.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience.
- Master's degree required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires expert knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Expert knowledge and wide-ranging expertise of policies, practices, and systems.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master of Public Health (MPH).
- Master of Public Administration (MPA).
- Experience providing overall program leadership, setting key targets and deliverables, and ensuring team execution on all related workstreams.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.