Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Program Manager VLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 930991 Date posted: 01/15/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Program Manager is responsible for designing and leading programs associated with strategic business issues and opportunities. The Program Manager may manage specific aspects of one or more programs, or multiple aspects of a single program within the organization. Criteria for moving from one level to the next includes greater skills and knowledge, built on experience (track record) and job assignments. This job family is intended for use in non-clinical/non-hospital settings. Must complete panel interview with PM Council members and receive level qualification for level 5.
- Overall program management responsibility across all work streams for extremely large programs.
- Manage the overall priorities and objectives of the team so that time and resources are focused on the key areas.
- Routinely consulted by junior Program Managers regarding all aspects of program planning and scoping; Forecast and plan future resource needs in order to ensure program success.
- Create value and increase program value through efficient delivery using best-practice program management tools, methodologies and budget management.
- Review and evaluate analyses identifying the contributing factors of business value for programs and KP.
- Analyze complex work processes (involving multiple components/ participants) for improvement opportunities.
- Consider program interdependencies across multiple programs or program work streams.
- Routinely consulted by junior Program Managers in all aspects of risk management; Can anticipate potential issues before they are widely recognized and act decisively.
- Anticipate key business issues, and implement comprehensive recommendations to achieve desired outcome.
- Create new or adapt existing analytical methods and tools to solve problems.
- Define alternative/compromise solutions that address others' fundamental concerns and impacts on longterm relationships.
- Anticipate and define barriers to change with client; Devise plans to address change barriers and ensure client acceptance of the change process.
- Anticipate potential snags in process workflow and be ready with contingency plans.
- Anticipate and plan for objections while meeting with key players to test recommendations.
- Intentionally build relationships across the organization to gain buy-in and move initiatives forward.
- Define and articulate strategies and changes based on their impact on customer/member satisfaction.
- Provides guidance around selecting the best team members for a highly complex programs.
- Lead the program performance review process.
- Lead the development/delivery of education and training programs.
- Is recognized internally and externally as an expert on relevant topics by demonstrating in-depth knowledge.
- Identify emerging topics and direct team members to subject matter expert contacts; Participate in developing new tools and capabilities.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of program management experience.
• Master's degree in health care, business administration, or related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field required.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Requires expert knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.