Project Program Management Consultant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for leading project teams, staying on budget, identifying risks and issues, and leading on departmental or cross-functional teams.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Leads multiple large-scale projects with full responsibility and accountability for the outcomes.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages complex project plans which include schedule, and resource forecast.
- Manages and monitors the program financials of multiple large projects.
- Monitors and controls overall project performance and quality against plan and makes adjustments as needed.
- Oversees project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project.
- Promotes adherence to established processes and policies (e.g. SDLC including domain standards, Kaiser standards).
- Oversees allocation of resources, schedules, and task assignments to ensure proper project management practices are in place.
- Manages the work of large project teams by monitoring internal and external resources.
- Leads others in requesting and managing internal and/ or external resources based on the alignment of team member skills and project demands.
- Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team.
- Delivers individual performance feedback to team members.
- Manages, monitors and mitigates project or component risks.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, engagement and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships as well as communicating appropriately with internal customers, third party vendors, and business leadership.
- Ensures success of project by identifying and working closely with the right stakeholders based on their level of influence and decision making.
- Provides insight to key stakeholders and project sponsors by developing project goals, setting the prioritization of deliverables, discussing involvement of business processes (e.g. project change management, communication) and facilitating decisions necessary for project delivery.
- Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion.
- Reviews vendor performance levels and ensures service level agreements are met.
- Participates in contract negotiations with service vendors and reviews project invoices submitted by vendor for accuracy.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience managing project(s) using project life cycle methodologies (e.g., SDLC, process management, organizational change).
- Minimum four (4) years experience implementing large, complex projects in a corporate environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience leading project teams.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience managing project budgets.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field and Minimum eight (8) years of IT or related business experience, including Minimum seven (7) years experience managing projects. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Five (5) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Five (5) years experience working with an IT Service Management (ITSM) framework.
- Five (5) years experience in business analysis.
- Five (5) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Five (5) years experience working with Microsoft Project.
- Four (4) years experience in large-scale infrastructure implementation.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.