QA Inspector II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Fulfills requirement for continuous quality assurance inspection of all construction/renovation for projects in all facilities in Northern California. Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector validates compliance with appropriate building codes and standards, approved construction documents, and ensures construction quality assurance by conducting detailed construction oversight validating design intent, building quality, soundness of construction and durability expectations, as well as building maintenance and operational considerations.
• Performs continuous inspections of all aspects of construction and renovations at assigned locations. Reports discrepancies to the General Contractor, Project Manager, and Architect/Engineer of Record and works with Project Team for resolution.
• Reviews the plans and specifications and becomes thoroughly familiar with them as they apply to the work being inspected.
• Reviews contractor's schedule and develops inspection plan that ensures compliance with Contract Documents and applicable codes.
• Develops and manages budgets under NIS's Annual Contract for testing and inspection costs.
• Maintains an on-going list of work to be corrected and/or completed by the General Contractor in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
• Identifies potential construction conflicts to Project Team and promotes equitable resolutions.
• Maintains Contract Documents, field inspection and material test reports as well as other reports required by Inspection Services Dept. Manager.
• Develops Testing and Inspection Budget, schedules and supervises Material Testing Laboratories; Inspectors, and verifies testing and inspection charges.
• Reviews General Contractor's Request for Information, and assists the Project Team in determining if Regulatory Agencies review is required.
• Reviews and verifies the accuracy of Change Orders and General Contractor's monthly progress payment requests with the Project Team.
• Acts as Safety liaison, on KP behalf, in accordance with KP Safety protocol as required.
• All duties are required to be in accordance with the NIS Performance Manual.
• Reports to the NIS Manager.
• Works on assignments of diverse scope. Generally performs within broadly defined practices and guidelines, and also modifies or suggests enhancements. Requires planning to coordinate with other departments or resources.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience on Type I or Type II construction.
- Minimum five (5) years of construction experience on major hospital construction projects and maintaining construction records required.
- Both of the above experience must be with a special Testing Laboratory, Architect, Engineer, General Contractor, or Specialty Contractor/Agency in field(s) of Class A certification.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction or four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School dipolma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Complete understanding and application of construction principles, concepts, practices, and standards required.
- Full knowledge of construction industry practices required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Specialty Contractors and Contractors Quality Control (CQC) designee quality issues, as related to Contract Documents and applicable codes.
- Proficient in use of: word processing, spreadsheets&construction scheduling software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- International Code Council (ICC) certification or other applicable construction inspection services certifications or Licenses preferred.