The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Quality Utilization Coord Home Health/HospiceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 733984 Date posted: 10/03/2018
- Assists in the coordination of the quality management/utilization management department activities. Acts as a consultant for appropriate departments on quality management, utilization management and risk management activities.
- Assists with quality management studies through data collection, data input and report development. Provides objective assessment of important aspects of patient care through ongoing chart review with preestablished criteria.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration for development of patient care paths. Reports all occurrences which may lead to medical center liability and follows up as necessary.
- Serves as a member of the QM and/or UM Committees as needed. Attends and/or participates in committee meetings as needed. Assists in orientation and training; in formulating and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects as assigned, such as statistical reports for state, federal, and local agencies. Assists the director of quality and utilization management for QM and UM in the formulation of department goals and objectives.
- Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of home care nursing experience or quality utilization review experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a current RN license in California.
- Current working knowledge of The Joint Commission, NCQA and Title 22 and federal standards/regulations.
- Strong problem solving, project management, group facilitation and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theories.
- Demonstrate ability to assess or evaluate patient medical records as it relates to quality of care and systems analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement, statistical analysis, and accreditation and licensing processes.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid CA driver's license with personal means of transportation preferred.
- PC literate, Microsoft Office applications preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.