Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Radiation Therapist - Grade 895Location: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 803275 Date posted: 07/09/2019
- Include but are not limited to:
- Operates all CT/SIM and treatment equipment including linear accelerators and high dose rate after loading machine.
- Performs morning check and warm-up of CT/SIM and/or accelerators.
- Operates treatment machines as well as all patient support assemblies as well as Record and Verify system.
- Treats patients with prescribed mode, energy, dose, and monitor units/treatment time as prescribed by a physician.
- Performs patient set-ups as per physician prescription and according to Department Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in a team approach to giving radiation treatments.
- Maintains treatment records, schedules patient treatments and provides patient instructions.
- Makes patient set-up devices, immobilization devices, and radiation field-shaping blocks.
- Prepares patient treatment chart.
- Exhibits standards of professional behavior appropriate to the age-specific needs of each patient.
- Protects patients, staff, visitors, and self from unnecessary radiation exposure or injury.
- Prevents transmission of infectious disease through adherence to infection control practices.
- Maintains good verbal and written communication skills and works collaboratively with all staff members.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent and relevant experience in patient treatment using various radiation therapy equipment is preferred.
- Use of record and verify system and multi-leaf collimators preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate from an Accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
- Current CRT/ARRT Certificate.
- California Fluoroscopy license (required for areas where fluoroscopy is performed by the therapist for patient diagnosing).
- Current BLS required.
- Operates all radiation therapy equipment and planning equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.