Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Administrator (Clinical Trials)Location: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 763907 Date posted: 01/15/2019
- Assists in the development, justification and monitoring of budgets for TPMG, KFH and outside funded projects. Acts as liaison to administrative offices of federal, state and private funding agencies for development of subcontract arrangements and submission of contract deliverables. Develops grant and application for research funding. Edits, negotiates, and prepares legal agreements between Kaiser Permanente and various universities, pharmaceutical companies, and foundations; ensures that budgets are appropriate.
- Provides consultation to physicians at Northern California Region medical facilities regarding research proposal development, submission and execution. Reviews, coordinates, and submits all externally-funded research proposals from all regions to the appropriate funding agencies.Develops PM&R budgets and justifications; monitors project progress. Participates in business operations and interest of the staff; acts as liaison to regional and TPMG administration for DOR interests. Ensures adherence to governmental regulations governing the administration of grants and contracts.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in research and/or grants administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent personnel management and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interpret and apply federal regulations and organizational policies and procedures relative to the administration of research activities.
- Proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database program.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.