Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Associate ILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 863485 Date posted: 03/23/2020
- Coordinates recruitment of participants and develops information packets for the participants. Monitors and tracks participant progress throughout the project and provides follow-up as needed. Assists with development of research instruments. Trains research assistants.
- Edits and manipulates data; performs data manipulation to produce progress reports including basic statistical analyses. Maintains project records&reports. Reviews literature relating to research project. May conduct detailed, complex in-person or telephone interviews. May be responsible for data quality assurance. May coordinate small scale research projects.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in one or more of the technical areas required - Professional certification (e.g., RN, RHIT, RD, etc.) may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience with interviewing & chart review.
- Basic knowledge of questionnaire design&simple data analysis & interpretation.
- Knowledge of computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet design, & database applications.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field preferred, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work successfully with a wide variety of project staff and research participants.
- Must be dependable and able to follow detailed protocols precisely.
- Have ability to work with shifting priorities.
- Exhibit a professional manner with a high degree of courtesy, tact, and sensitivity.
- Work well independently as well as part of a larger multi-disciplinary research team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.