Innovation in Practice
With a staff of approximately 600, an annual budget of more than $100 million, and hundreds of projects under way at any given time, our research program is one of the largest and most respected in the industry.
Research Associate ILocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 730564 Date posted: 09/11/2018
- Coordinates recruitment of participants and develops information packets for the participants. Monitors and tracks participant progress throughout the project and provides follow-up as needed. Assists with development of research instruments. Trains research assistants.
- Edits and manipulates data; performs data manipulation to produce progress reports including basic statistical analyses. Maintains project records&reports. Reviews literature relating to research project. May conduct detailed, complex in-person or telephone interviews. May be responsible for data quality assurance. May coordinate small scale research projects.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in one or more of the technical areas required - Professional certification (e.g., RN, RHIT, RD, etc.) may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience with interviewing & chart review.
- Basic knowledge of questionnaire design&simple data analysis & interpretation.
- Knowledge of computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet design, & database applications.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field preferred, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.