Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Post Doctoral FellowLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 824159 Date posted: 10/08/2019
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Must have completed a MD or PhD in public health, epidemiology, or related field required within two (2) years.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proven proficiency in survey research methodology/research study design, hypothesis testing and qualitative data interpretation and application.
- Proven proficiency in computer applications in PC-based and mainframe environments.
- Must be able to create reports, review charts, construct questionnaires, interpret data, and interview participants.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic biostatistics.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Extensive training and experience in the field of addiction or mental health services research, integrated behavioral health and dissemination and implementation research preferred.
- Clinical experience in the mental health/addictions field.
- Experience working with a broad range of healthcare patient populations, developing and testing interventions.
- Strong analytical, writing, verbal communications skills preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.