Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Project ManagerLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 864943 Date posted: 02/26/2020
- Responsible for the day-to-day management/operations of large scale research projects. Supervises project coordinators, research associates/assistants, as well as hiring, disciplinary and termination decisions. Prepares grant proposals with the investigator for submission. May coordinate the work of programmers/analysts.
- Prepares, manages and balances budgets on projects. Responsible for collection of data and conducting data analysis. Prepares progress reports independently and collaboratively. May co-authors scientific papers with the investigator for publication. Interacts with national study sites, such as project officers, state and federal agencies, research teams from other organizations.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in one or more of the technical areas required.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrate knowledge of research principles, design and strategies, bio-statistical analyses and data interpretation.
- Able to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Maintain study website with up-to-date study-related documents, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
- Coordinate multi-site study working group and coordinate steering committee meetings (in person and teleconferences):
- Prepare and manage IRB-related requirements for several studies.
- Develop best practices and study protocols.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.