Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Scientist I InvestigatorLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 680163 Date posted: 08/30/2018
- Designs, develops, and directs well-defined research. Prepares grant proposals, internal reports and publications independently and collaboratively. Provides consultation on study design, analysis plans and interpretation of study results to TPMG, KFH/P managers and committees as directed.
- Provides service to the scientific community through membership on peer review groups and national boards. May consult with local, state and national voluntary and governmental agencies. Provides consultation and direction to programmer analysts with regard to data management and analysis strategies. Presents papers at national scientific meetings; teaches and/or reviews papers for national journals. Seeks consultation from senior scientists for specific scientific and administrative issues.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Doctoral degree in epidemiology or related field OR eight (8) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Competent in the statistical techniques, study designs and general research methods commonly used in epidemiological and health services research.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Professional experience in conducting original research and publishing peer-reviewed results (analogous to academic series - Assistant Professor).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.