Sales Associate IIIOakland, CA
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Sales Associate III
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Review, qualify and process all incoming new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Sales Executive regarding appropriate products and plan design.
- Act as liaison between Sales Executive and Underwriting regarding any additional data needed from broker/client.
- Prepare Proposal Packet for Sales Executive delivery to broker/client.
- Analyze the group profile, demographics, etc. in order to calculate premium rates.
- Calculate premium rates relating to the multiple factors used by the rating formula provided by actuaries or obtain rater calculations from Underwriting, if applicable.
- Assist in developing sales presentations for sales.
- Maintain all sales databases and sales reports within the teams territory.
- Accurately update and maintain all prospects by group size, broker and renewal date.
- Accurately maintain all broker profiles in assigned territory.
- Accurately maintain and provide weekly updates to sales and account management of all sold groups and all prospects.
- Assist Sales Executive and brokers/customers with pre/post sales support and account implementation.
- Confirm sold plan design and rates with broker/customer in writing.
- Send Employer Group Application and appropriate forms to broker/customer and review for completeness.
- Coordinate employee meetings with broker/customer and Sales Executive or Account Manager.
- Send enrollment materials to customer.
- Coordinate with broker/customer to learn of enrollment results.
- Facilitate effective group installation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Conduct enrollment meetings on an as needed basis.
- Assist new members in transitioning of care into KP.
- Manage post group submission validation process.
- Respond in a timely manner to all internal departments and outside customers to demonstrate value and build commitment to KP Sales Organization.
- Close all loops of communication between internal departments and outside customers.
- Demonstrate superior CSS skills with internal and external partners.
- Develop relationships with brokers and their support staff.
- Resolve more serious issues that may jeopardize sales.
- Identify service failure trends so that corrective action may be recommended to other departments.
- Demonstrate product, service and rating knowledge to effectively respond to broker/client issues.
- Have excellent product, service and rating knowledge to effectively respond to broker/client issues.
- Stay abreast of competitor products and rating practices.
- Remain current on KP products and services.
- Participate in external and industry related events.
- If Small Business Unit:
- Review and qualify all incoming group submissions.
- Prepare and submit group documentation to Quality Assurance and set up customer contract.
- Appoint new brokers and assist sales executives in onboarding and training new brokers.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of the above in sales, account management or health plan administration in the health care industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years experience in telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Demonstrated experience in health plan services policies and procedures to resolve client issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Demonstrated experience in effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy with high volume work.
- Quick learner of key information.
- Strong ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborative work style.
- Proven ability to quickly establish rapport in key relationships.
- Two (2) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Two (2) years of experience with employee group benefits.
- Previous specialized training in customer service skills and techniques.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.