Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Senior Analytic Consulting Manager II (QOS)Location: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 778580 Date posted: 03/14/2019
Managerial consulting supports senior leadership by addressing strategic issues, including determining the problem definition and structuring the problem solving approach, generally where no precedent currently exists. Issues span several topics and are not restricted to one functional area. Examples include strategy development, market assessments, policy issues, profitability assessments and major implementations. Issues support senior leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals. Consulting Manager II is responsible for a large managerial consulting group or department, including managing its staff and related budgets.
- Leads multiple large-scale strategic management efforts designed to facilitate attainment of key organizational objectives.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on management issues.
- Sets the overall direction of the practice to address key organizational issues.
- Staffs projects to ensure that teams are composed of individuals with appropriate skills and expertise.
- Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
- Collaborates with Consulting Managers to provide support to regional and SA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internal and external to KP.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
- Manages and develops staff.
- Coaches and develops employees according to their strengths; creates a structure that will promote self-directed work.
- Manages group, project and/or department budget.
- Minimum seven (7) years of consulting and project management experience including a minimum three (3) years working in healthcare.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, industrial engineering, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
- Demonstrate ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP business and/or operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data systems.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.