Senior Business ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 825450 Date posted: 09/03/2019
- Applies technical & business knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: IT testing & product acceptance, new business operating models w/ innovative approaches to IT solutions support
- Markets research of emerging or available product functionality & operational readiness assessment and others
- Coordinates cross-functional task forces to identify & document functional requirements, workflow, information sources, distribution paths, & system specifications
- Evaluates existing application products which could address client requirements & develops recommendations where appropriate
- Develops comprehensive business cases w/ cost, service, & benefit dimensions of proposed IT projects that used at executive levels for funding & scope decisions
- Develops the analysis & definition of efficient & cost effective solutions which support client business processes & functional requirements
- Performs knowledge transfer to other staff & may review their work
- Conducts analysis of client business processes & functional requirements & prepares appropriate documentation to communicate & validate the information
- Oversees administrative requirements in an accurate & timely manner (e.g., time reporting, status reporting, etc)
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in information systems development or implementation with progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities in a large mainframe or client server environment.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration, computer science or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Excellence in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools required.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of health care business and care delivery processes preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
November 26, 2019
"Great team to work with and that is becuse of the expert managment team there."
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente for more than 3 years
Great Position, Great Work, Great people to work with, Great environment to work in. Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.