Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Senior Communication ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 787742 Date posted: 04/13/2019
Responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions for large organization initiatives (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation goals. Serves as expert advisor on overall communications strategy to leadership team of organization initiatives. Gives voice to the KP story internally, develops positive relationships with stakeholders, and protects and enhances the brand image and reputation of the organization. Position will exercise judgment within broadly defined policies in developing methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Develops and implements communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall communications program, promote, and protect the organization-s brand and reputation and Northern California strategy.
- Provides communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications.
- Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches, and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensures content is consistent w/ the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquires the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance w/ negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and creates plans to improve results.
- May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given timeframe.
- Position may require travel throughout the Northern California region.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in corporate communications environment.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in working effectively with senior leaders and managers in large organizational and influencing their
approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated results in Project management, Consulting skills, customer focus, Writing and editing skills, and Strategic thinking.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- KP experience preferred.
- Experience in planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and health care background with in the past three (3) years.
- Research and measurement experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.