Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Senior Communications Consultant, Large Program ImplementationLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 750464 Date posted: 11/13/2018
Responsible for providing complex communications
consultation, planning, and execution for Kaiser Permanente large-scale program
in support of organizational, brand, and reputation goals.
Strategic and change
communications for large, business-led cybersecurity program - Edge -
focused on reducing the risks
associated with the use of non-IT managed medical devices across KP.
- have large program
- be skilled at
stakeholder analysis and engagement, communications planning/execution,
and change communications
- be able to build strong
relationships with key leaders, program team, and diverse stakeholders
- be able to work
independently in fast paced environment
Great opportunity to build knowledge and skills in the area
of large program communications.
- Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given timeframe.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in corporate communications environment to include two (2) years of supervisory experience of entry-level communications staff required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english or business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience within the last three (3) years planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and health care background required, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- KP experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.