Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Senior Consultant I, Competitive IntelligenceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 877262 Date posted: 03/24/2020
Competitive Assessment provides leadership w/ comprehensive analysis of health benefits&provider trends; tracks Kaiser's position relative to competitors on all relevant dimensions, e.g. price, cost structure, service,&products; and provides analysis of competitive environment to KP that challenges current beliefs and identifies actions needed to improve Kaiser's competitive position. Competitive Assessment tracks, analyzes, provides business intelligence&relevant market insight, and reports on market&competitor trends to support enterprise-wide senior leadership (including Health Plan&Hospital leadership and the Permanente Medical Groups) in their strategic business decisions. Competitive Assessment brings the outside market trend into the company to inform numerous strategic business processes, e.g. proposal design, pricing decisions, cost trend, product strategy, etc.
- Leads 1-2 major competitive assessment and/or interdisciplinary project teams concurrently.
- Proactively identifies key market, competitor, and business line issues.
- Leads development of actionable recommendations that determine course of further work and/or organizational change for market strategy.
- Serves as market and competitor subject matter/technical expert to Analysts, Senior Analysts and others in the program.
- Represents a wide range of Team's work to Health Plan and PMG senior leadership.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, public health or related field,OR four (4) years of experience in related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have demonstrated noteworthy critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of market, competitive and economic data and resources.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Superior ability to prepare strategy briefs, research notes and presentations to executive leadership.
- Develops network of internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience preferred.
- Master's degree in business, public health, or related field preferred.
- Previous Human Resources or staffing
coordinator experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated noteworthy
critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or
unique knowledge) of market, competitive and economic data and resources.
- Frequently contributes to the
development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field
- Superior ability to prepare strategy
briefs, research notes and presentations to executive leadership.
- Develops network of internal and
- Must be able to work in a
Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.