Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Senior Consultant, Planning and New Clinical TechnologiesLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 852163 Date posted: 12/02/2019
Under the guidance of the VP, Planning and New Clinical Technologies and the Director, Planning and New Clinical Technologies, the Senior Consultant (1) leads and facilitates projects supporting new clinical technologies, (2) acts as an advisor and thought partner by leading teams to create, coordinate, and measure project plans and ensure that projects and deliverables are within scope, schedule, and quality levels are consistent with expectations; (3) collaborates with interregional multi-disciplinary teams and clinical experts teams to gather data, manage analysis and identify issues, summarizing information and making recommendations with relevant stakeholders to advance work and remove barriers; (4) routinely and proactively represents the executives- positions in meetings, committees and in developing functional projects, communication plans and effectiveness measures for related initiatives. New clinical technologies of interest will continue to evolve but will initially include precision medicine and genomics and advanced analytics. The Senior Consultant may work independently or as part of a project team. This position will also work with the Permanente Executive Sponsors designated by the Executive Medicare Directors, and the clinical subject matter experts and operational leaders responsible for the respective clinical technology domain.
This position contributes to the development of Permanente-led strategy, governance, clinical priorities, evidence-based clinical decision support, informatics strategy, and other foundational capabilities. This work requires collaborating across multiple TPF and KFHP departments while supporting and advising networks of clinical and operational leaders from the Permanente Medical Groups. There will be extensive communication, coordination, collaboration with KFHP/H executives and quality teams. The work includes but is not limited to project management, facilitation of discussions by subject matter experts, and the development of strategic frameworks. All work will be done to support care delivery that embodies the principles of Permanente Medicine with the intention to improve quality and value to patients and KP.
- Contributes to the development of a Permanente-led strategy with PMG leaders including but not limited to information/data gathering, analysis, research, meeting planning, etc.
- Organizes, informs and manages work on clinical priorities and foundational capabilities, as designated in the strategy.
- Facilitates discussions and development of recommendations to refresh and realign leadership teams and community of practice for PM/G.
- Supports leadership teams for new clinical technologies including agenda development, information/data gathering, analysis, research, meeting planning, minutes taking, etc.
- Coordinates and supports PM/G work to advance cancer care with IRCPG for oncology, Beacon, and other clinical and operational experts responsible for KP-s cancer strategy.
- Understands and assesses access and use of data from internal and external labs used for genetic testing and genomics (volume, pricing, results); communicate with the National Product Council-s Lab Core Group to create alignment and improve genetic testing service and affordability.
- Supports coordination with CMI and communication of the conclusions and recommendations from CDC Tier 1 Genomic Applications (i.e. CDC 3) Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer, Syndrome (HBOC), Lynch Syndrome (LS), and Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH).
- Contributes to the development of evidence-based decision support for PM/G, leveraging existing Permanente staff, methods and resources employed for other new medical technologies; supports coordination and two-way communication regarding this activity throughout KP.
- Convenes, facilitates and leads discussion with appropriate FLT/NPLT members and their designated Permanente leaders on advanced analytics, to understand current state of work, infrastructure, collaboration among PMGs and with KFHP, and the charter, objectives and performance of the Permanente Advanced Analytic team.
- Contribute to reports and recommendations to the Executive Medical Directors regarding governance, infrastructure needs, priorities, barriers, and data use for new clinical technologies; support, coordinate and manage work that executes on the resulting recommendations and next steps.
- Determines goals and priorities with VP, Planning and New Clinical Technologies and the Director, Planning and New Clinical Technologies; negotiates time commitments and resources.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- This job description is not all encompassing and may entail other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in project management, operations and/or analytical support involving clinical, performance, or practice improvement.
- Bachelor-s degree or equivalent in business, health care management, or a related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a health care setting.
- Availability for national travel 15-35% of time (variable).
- Position will be located in One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland, CA.
- Exposure to clinical operations.
- Strong project organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task, balance priorities, respond quickly to resolve project barriers, set and manage timelines for deliverables.
- Extensive knowledge of decision support systems; strategic, operational, and financial project management; process management, as well as process and systems improvement.
- Proven ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis to support various projects including business case development.
- Proven ability to work independently and in collaboration with larger teams and/or stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage projects to completion utilizing project plans and tracking tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to coordinate logistics for meetings, set agendas, prepare complete and concise minutes, and update work and project plans accordingly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and respond to staff tactfully, clearly, and concisely.
- Proven ability to communicate project changes to stakeholders as required to assure project success.
- Must possess strong customer-service orientation with the ability to recognize, understand, and meet the needs and expectations of all customers within the organization.
- Proven ability to produce professional documents in KP's current standard Microsoft Office programs; especially Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Proven ability to perform a variety of challenging tasks under conflicting time constraints and strict deadlines.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness and results orientation.
- Demonstrated skills in emotional intelligence, including areas of intrapersonal and interpersonal awareness, adaptability, and stress management.
- Knowledge of new clinical technologies such as genetics, genomics, advanced analytics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective relationships and facilitating teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inform, and influence stakeholders to share results, increase collaboration, improve efficiency, remove barriers, and gain support.
- Ability to understand and operate within a complex organization and a consensus-based culture.
- Experience working within Kaiser Permanente strongly preferred, including knowledge of Kaiser Permanente policies, practices, and systems.
- Working knowledge of project planning programs strongly preferred.
- Understanding of complex organizational structures and how to convene, facilitate and inspire informal and formal, productive teams of both clinical and business participants.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physicians and lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Known for using strong interpersonal skills, influence and collaboration.
- Known as a self-starter.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.