Senior Consulting Data Analyst - R, SAS,Linux, LaTexLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 897300 Date posted: 09/23/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs effective and user-friendly menu systems.
- Develops accurate, easy to read, and useful information reports.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Tests complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity.
- May assist with sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases.
- Assists with the definition of complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- May translate needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- May formulate specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May communicate results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
- Three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, net, or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience mainframe operating systems.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Analytical consulting experience in the healthcare field preferred.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems preferred.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement preferred.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
- Design, implement, document, test, and maintain user-friendly R software to manipulate, analyze, and simulate complex longitudinal data
- Understand, validate/debug and improve R code written by others
- Ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Communicate programming progress and obstacles requiring input/support from team members
- Develop documentation and reports of results with accurate, easy to read, useful information
The ideal candidates will have:
Experience with parallel computing and package development in R within a Linux environment. Experience writing documents with LaTeX and using version control systems (e.g. Git). Experience with multivariate regression analysis and statistical modeling of longitudinal healthcare data. Experience in programming algorithms described in technical documents that use mathematical notation. Prior experience with prediction using machine learning and/or causal modeling is a plus.
Expertise extracting and analyzing Kaiser Permanente data is a plus.
Experience in chronic conditions is preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!