Reading Between the Lines
From acquisition of products and services, real estate transactions, and new ventures to union grievances, provider operations, and liability claims, this group encompasses all of Kaiser Permanente's legal and government counseling and provides cost-effective legal support across all functions.
Senior Counsel-Health Plan and Payor OperationsLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 718653 Date posted: 07/12/2018
As a member of the Legal Department's Health Plan and Payor Operations Practice Group, this position will focus primarily on health plan and insurance regulatory matters affecting a broad range of health plan operations. This is a broad regulatory practice supporting Kaiser Permanente-s operations as an integrated delivery system in California and the eight other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates. The position will also work closely with colleagues supporting provider operations, Medicare, FEHBP, and other practice areas, as well as with colleagues supporting other Kaiser regions.
- Advise complex organizations within KP enterprise-wide, across multiple legal business entities.
- Advise Health Plan leadership and others regarding regulatory and business matters, including but not limited to, state and federal payor regulation and compliance, new product development and design, employer group agreements, health care reform, member contracts and benefits, financial and regulatory examinations and filings, regulatory enforcement matters, HIPAA privacy and security matters, wellness programs and support for the provision of administrative services to self-funded plans.
- Minimum eight (8) years of practice in the health law field (excluding workers- compensation and medical malpractice).
- JD required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in most or all of the above-reference areas.
- Active membership in the California Bar (or membership within 1 year from date of hire).
- Excellent academic and professional qualifications.
- Excellent references.
- Superior writing and analytical skills based on substantial experience advising complex organizations.
- Solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and sharp analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Desire to develop a versatile and diverse health care practice.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of practice in the health law field (excluding worker-s compensation and medical malpractice), including a minimum eight (8) years of health plan regulatory experience representing managed care/insurance organizations and integrated delivery systems.
About Legal Careers
A national organization with practice groups in areas such as business, litigation, labor and employment, government programs, and liability, Kaiser Permanente's legal team provides advice and representation on a wide range of issues. In addition, counsels provide legal advice to management in each Kaiser Permanente region, and an Office of Board and Corporate Governance Services provides support to the Boards of Directors of Kaiser Permanente Hospitals and Health Plan and its subsidiaries.
Comprising eight practice groups - Health Care Business Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Litigation, Labor & Employment, Health Plan & Payor Operations, Government Programs, Provider Operations, and Professional and Public Liability - opportunities in this area include Counsel, Paralegal, Litigation & Data Systems Manager, eHealth Business Operations Specialist, Legislative Representative, Regional Policy Administrator, Research Assistant, and more.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.