Senior Data Consultant - SASLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 779275 Date posted: 03/12/2019
- Leads, makes significant contributions, &/or provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify & resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly w/ Sr Mgmt to produce timely & valuable results.
- Directs the development of outcomes & process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, & evaluation.
- Builds & maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, & software written by self & others.
- Tests & maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models & forecasting tools using these databases.
- Designs & enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective & user-friendly.
- Develops reports w/ accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
- Designs & generates tracking & monitoring tools.
- Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses & developing action plans accordingly.
- Defines & frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues & develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, & ideas into effective strategies & action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans & evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented. Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely w/ IT & outside partners (& physicians for TPMG Depts).
- Sets the strategic direction of projects.
- Determines goals & priorities w/ team, clients, or project Mgmt sponsors (when appropriate).
- May coordinate team/project activities & schedules.
- May establish team membership & project participants, provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants when used.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, & various Sr level audiences (including physicians for TPMG Depts).
- May participate in the development & Mgmt of the Dept, including coaching & recruiting for consultants/analysts & other departmental activities.
- KP conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, KP reserves the right to reevaluate & change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum five (5) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Master's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field required, or equivalent bachelor's degree and two (2) years additional work experience in lieu of a master's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Proven leadership in consulting and, for some areas, project management. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Oct 10, 2018
"Happy KP employee"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)
I have worked for Kaiser Permanente for just over 5 years. They are great company that has been nothing but supportive in helping move toward my career goals, including helping me pay for my Masters degree. They have also been a dream to work with during two maternity leaves.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.