Senior Data Consultant - Provider Data Analytics
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position is currently remote. The person in this role may reside in Georgia, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington State, Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C. The work hours noted below are aligned with the Pacific Time Zone.
• Directs the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
• Builds and maintains complex statistical SAS routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others. Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL). Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases. Designs and enhances databases. Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly. Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs. Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
• Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans accordingly.
• Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making. Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans. Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented. Develops creative alternative solutions.
• Sets the strategic direction of projects. Determines goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors (when appropriate). May coordinate team/project activities and schedules. May establish team membership and project participants, provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants when used.
• Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
• May participate in the development and management of the department, including coaching and recruiting for consultants/analysts and other departmental activities.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience related analytical consulting, project management or programming in SAS required.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems required.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Lotus Notes.
- Proficiency in SAS.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management, Pricing Directors, and audiences without technical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Experience with SQL, macros, AF, and SASGRAPH, PROC Report and statistical procedures in SAS preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement preferred.
- Understanding of KP's internal organization, management, goals and strategies, and technical systems preferred.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.