Senior Director, Operations for Community Health and Social Health
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for executing and managing core program management activities for both the national Community Health team and the national Social Health practice team. This role is responsible for all the administrative components that support both functional areas, including project management, budget tracking, policy updates and standard operating procedures (administrative tasks, on-boarding, people strategy, etc), in coordination with key programmatic leaders, and ensuring all administrative tasks are on track and meet required due dates. Accountable for providing coordination, leadership, design, planning, implementation, measurement, and oversight of comprehensive, long-term community-based programs and policies that improve the health of our communities, with a focus on socio-economic determinants of health. This role is also responsible for leading selected strategic community partnerships with business, foundation, education and non-profit leaders to support program objectives. Partners cross-functionally with senior Program Office, Health Plan and/or Medical Group leaders to drive for results. May serves as a lead for programmatic initiatives. Demonstrates strong and innovative leadership in designing, executing, and growing leading-edge health care community and social health programs. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of national policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the Principles of Responsibilities and applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards in such a way that Kaiser Permanente’s not-for-profit, tax exempt status is enhanced, preserved and maintained.
Responsible for leading the market or programmatic community health strategy in cross functional areas within Community Health. Accountable for providing leadership, design, planning, implementation, measurement, and oversight of comprehensive, long-term community-based programs and policies that improve the health of our communities, with a focus on clinical care and socio-economic determinants of health. Responsible for leading or overseeing strategic community partnerships with business, foundation, education and nonprofit leaders to support program objectives. Partners cross-functionally with senior Program Office, Health Plan and/or Medical Group leaders to drive for results. Serves as lead for either a market facing function or a programmatic initiative. Demonstrates strong and innovative leadership in designing, executing and growing leading-edge health care community health programs. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of national policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the Principles of Responsibilities and applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards in such a way that Kaiser Permanentes not-for-profit, tax exempt status is enhanced, preserved and maintained.
- Regional or Programmatic responsibility for designing, developing, implementing, measuring and overseeing community health initiatives that are aligned with national focus areas and executed in concert with community, government, nonprofit, foundation partners and key internal stakeholders including leadership of Program Office, Health Plan and/or Medical Group, and others as needed. Special emphasis on programs that measurably improve community health and justify organizations tax-exempt status.
- Partners with Community Health/Social Health leaders across the enterprise and other key KP stakeholders to set and execute the CH/SH strategy, priorities, and common initiatives as an active member of the Community Health Leadership team
- Ensures KP Common Areas of Focus, and other program-wide CH priorities are fully integrated into region planning and operations, ensuring shared accountability for goal achievement across markets and Program Office
- Integrates Community Health strategy, goals, and planning into market and system-wide planning, ensuring appropriate shared accountability with all key stakeholders across regions
- Responsible for the strategic operating plan, budget and goals for all community health programs that align with needs identified in the community health needs assessments and align with enterprise strategies.
- Coordinates and works with all enterprise Community Health teams and local market leadership teams to ensure execution of strategies and to ensure initiatives are implemented in accordance with the regions demonstrated community needs.
- Directs planning and prioritization of the CH team budget aligned to overall CH/SH vision, strategy, and goals
- Management and oversight of the community benefit policies and expenditures, assuring proper controls and practices are in place.
- Oversees professional and support staff, including interviewing, hiring, professional development, evaluating, and coaching. Ensures that all personnel actions conform with Kaiser Permanente EEO/AA objectives and personnel policies.
- Responsible for effective communication of community health strategies with all health plan and hospital leaders.
- Responsibilities may also include oversight of charitable contribution and/or strategic initiative committees.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts with shared service teams related to public health planning and measurement including community needs, and demographic health indicators data mapping.
- Ensure strong coordination and support across all health plan, hospital and program office departments.
- Liaison with other department director/managers to ensure they are fully informed and engaged in community health objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven (7) years of program leadership/management experience (direct or indirect) in health care, public health, or non-profit administration.
- Minimum seven (7) years leadership experience in health care or a social impact area, to nclude either directly or indirectly leading cross-functional teams.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in strategic or business planning, budgeting, relationship development, staff and/or program management.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in health care, public health, or nonprofit administration.
- Bachelors degree in non-profit management, business administration, communications, public health, social work or related field required.
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Must have exemplary communications skills and ability to work effectively with diverse audiences and communities.
- Strong operational and implementation experience and track record.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively within a large, complex, diverse organization.
- Able to clearly and quickly communicate complex subjects and issues to a broad range of audiences and to tailor communications and presentations to meet the audience needs.
- Comfort working in a highly complex organizational setting with a wide range of needs and interests of stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Comfort with directing, reviewing and presenting complex analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Experience in service-oriented industries; Healthcare experience highly.
- Familiarity with subsidized programs.
- Ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience managing complex, multi-organizational community development programs is preferred.
- Experience managing budgets in excess of $25 million preferred.
- Experience in leading initiatives with diverse stakeholders preferred.
- Experience leading programmatic initiatives that address Social Determinants of Health.
- Masters degree in non-profit management, public health, business administration, communications, social work or related field preferred.
Marketing Sales Service and Admin, 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank,California, 91504
Regional Office - 10 Piedmont, 10 Piedmont Center 3495 Piedmont Rd. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30305
Rockville Regional Offices, 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852
Seattle Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Department: Po/Ho Corp - PO Community Benefits - 0308 Pay Range: $177900 - $230120 Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.