Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Senior Labor Relations ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 759610 Date posted: 12/20/2018
- Provides labor relations expertise and consultation to management throughout the Northern California Region on a wide range of complex and sensitive labor relations issues. Assumes key leadership role in major change initiatives impacting represented and unrepresented employees.
- Analyzes Business Unit needs; anticipates potential barriers due to union, contractual or legal constraints; acts quickly to generate alternative approaches or strategies; provides long-term and broad views regarding labor implications of business decisions; plans, creates and implements strategies to attain goals.
- Negotiates labor agreements to support organizational initiatives - to include wage and economic forecasting and trending, analysis and development of management proposals, economic recommendations for CEO's approval, and timely implementation of negotiated provisions.
- Serves as spokesperson and advocate for the Employer in the Regional Dispute Resolution Step of the Grievance Procedure, Mediations, Boards of Adjustment, and assists Legal Counsel in Arbitration. Assumes a leadership role in Joint Labor/Management endeavors. Educates unions on change initiatives and develops strategies to gain Union support.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Union leadership; proactively obtains Union participation in implementation of business initiatives; ensures Union is kept abreast of organizational changes and initiatives.
- Ensures thorough case management to minimize liability and achieve fair and appropriate outcomes to disputes. Coordinates case resolution for those disputes which surface in multiple arenas (e.g., EEO, W/C, law suits, etc.).
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum of five (5) years of of progressive labor relations experience in a multi-unionized and multi-location environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience must demonstrate a successful track record in increasingly responsible roles.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, conflict resolution skills, and journey level experience as a Chief Negotiator.
- Working knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws and the NLRA.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to influence decisions in a diverse environment.
- Proven ability to make sound judgments on complex HR and business issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree or Juris Doctorate.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.