Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Senior Quality SpecialistLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 788493 Date posted: 04/17/2019
In collaboration with the clinical lead, provides analytical support and coordinates quality management and performance improvement processes related to quality assessment; performance improvement; clinical documentation review; risk management; infection prevention and control; patient safety; and/or accreditation, regulation and licensing. Under the guidance of a program director or manager, responsible for collecting and researching data, performing data analysis, providing recommendations on data collection/reporting and presenting results.
- Partners with clinical quality service lines to identify issues within operations for focus improvement efforts. Supports workgroups or committees (e.g. peer review).
- Prepares meeting materials including agendas and minutes; coordinates conference room logistics; monitors and follows up with action plans).
- In collaboration with the clinical lead, coordinates on-going, multiple projects (e.g. supporting the clinical service line model). Develops timelines and agenda items.
- Helps identify best methods and processes for performance improvement including developing project plans, facilitating group process, and training related to data collection/reporting.
- Supports groups through the full rapid improvement cycle. Helps identify and recommend actions to correct activities and processes.
- Analyzes, interprets information, and makes recommendations on data collection. Presents data in a graphical format to support leadership groups and committees' strategic planning and decision-making. Analyzes and compiles data into spreadsheets and databases. Helps identify and communicate alternative solutions to projects as needed.
- Abstracts data using Health Connect; runs reports and communicates results of analysis effectively to key stakeholders.
- Maintains and coordinates audits. Assists with developing audit methods to assess performance improvement and to ensure regulatory compliance. Based on audit results, creates and presents reports using various systems and databases (e.g. MIDAS focus studies).
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in managing databases.
- Bachelor's degree (business administration, information technology or health care related field) OR four (4) years in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement to include awarding accreditation and licensing of processes within Kaiser operations.
- Strong problem solving, project management and teamwork skills.
- Basic level Excel or Access skills preferred.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.