Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Senior Research Assistant (Survey)Location: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 762602 Date posted: 02/12/2019
- Schedules examination appointments for study participants. Conducts telephone or in-person interviews with study participants and providers. Reviews questionnaires for completeness and accuracy; checks for inconsistencies; and codes open-ended questions. Assists with all aspects of mailed surveys. Monitors participants' progress (e.g., blood pressure, exercise, response to questionnaires, tracking, etc.). Provides basic data management using database software. Maintains all pertinent project records and files. Transcribes data from records to forms.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Prepare presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Train staff on study protocols
- Prepare computer-generated reports, including statistical tables.
- Coordinate study meetings
- Draft study Manuals of Procedures
- Must exhibit a professional manner with a high degree of courtesy, tact, and sensitivity
- Other duties as required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a research/health care environment required (Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience in field).
- Associate's degree OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience with computer applications, such as word processing and database software, required.
- Experience in editing/coding questionnaires required.
- Interviewing experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; telephone skills required.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.