Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Senior Tax AnalystLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 858098 Date posted: 01/30/2020
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Tax Analyst in our Controller-s Office - National Tax. The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for the collection of data for and preparation of Form 990s, 990Ts, business tax returns, state income tax returns and related filings, conduct research on various issues pertaining to Kaiser Permanente, and interacting with key personnel to resolve tax issues that may arise.
- Provides support for county property tax audits.
- Minimum four (4) years of tax accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in tax accounting or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of tax accounting policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of tax accounting principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Broad application of tax accounting principles, theories and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.