The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Service Unit Assistant Department Manager RN - Emergency Room, ER, ED - OaklandLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 865274 Date posted: 02/12/2020
- Collaborates with physician team leader, department chief, and nursing manager in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations. Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development. Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of nursing experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous nursing experience in outpatient care.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.