Social Health Member Initiatives Senior Business Consultant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Social Health Member Initiatives Sr. Business Consultant will be responsible for overall strategy development, including business processes, insights, and case development for the Social Health Member Initiatives (SHMI) portfolio. The duties of this role may include developing and designing the strategic direction of the portfolio; leading the assessment of the scope and impact of portfolio business needs; developing business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects; engaging key stakeholders in development of business case; developing new/existing business operating models with innovative solutions; conducting market insight on initiatives; developing business needs and functional requirements for initiatives; and contributing to project plans.
• Full use of application of standard principles, theories, and techniques.
• Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
• Develops and leverages relationships with peers, supervisors and management.
• Understand their functional area business processes and assigned area.
• Independently initiates, investigates, documents, and analyzes client requirements in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models with innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
• Assesses scope and impact of client business needs.
• Develops business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
• Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
• Conducts workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis.
• Identifies overlaps and related processes.
• May assist in the development of project plans.
• May use the associated project planning tools.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience, to include a minimum two (2) years in a consulting role.
• Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system/process specifications.
• Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional area.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience working across various internal and external stakeholders.
- Related experience in business, finance, economics, or other fields applicable to the business discipline.
- This position requires strong business acumen, data insight, and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Can be telecommuter, or other KP site
Seattle Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Po/Ho Corp - PO Community Benefits - 0308 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.