Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Sr. Instructional Designer, National ComplianceLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 796791 Date posted: 06/06/2019
This multifaceted role requires creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling/writing, elearning and live learning development, user experience, and training. Our team develops and maintains numerous learning and awareness products aimed at fostering ethics and compliance across Kaiser Permanente. A successful candidate will have instructional design expertise, elearning development, and project management skills to convert ethics and compliance content into learning and awareness products. This includes, but is not limited to, video animations, interactive interfaces, scenarios, infographics, and other digital or non-digital training resources.
The Sr. Instructional Designer is responsible for a full range of learning and development activities for instructor-led and web-based training and learning programs. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops curriculums/instructional plans, delivers training, evaluates training programs for effectiveness, and consults on a broad array of learning and development issues. Advises on appropriate instructional technologies, including e-learning/web-based formats.
- Needs assessment: Conducts complex needs assessments for individuals and teams and may provide on-going analysis of learning programs across a broad spectrum of positions.
- Instructional design & development: Designs and develops complex course curricula and related content and materials. May oversee development of curricula or programs by other learning consultants in support of an assigned functional area. May evaluate and identify necessary improvements to existing Training programs or curricula by other learning consultants.
- Training delivery: Delivers and facilitates professional level programs for employees and management.
- Program evaluation: Evaluates complex training programs for effectiveness and desired outcomes and utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements and improvements.
- Consulting: Determines and prioritizes key short and long range learning goals and objectives in alignment with company/regional strategic goals and direction. Researches emerging trends in learning Methods. Coaches, mentors, supports and serves as consultant to all levels of management and teams to ensure success.
- Provides leadership and support to associate and intermediate level training consultants. May be responsible for leadership of learning/instructional design projects.
- The above areas may be executed in an e-learning environment. May also apply to the need for general learning and development background to compliment a learning systems enterprise.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or
e-learning applications required.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in human resources, training, e-learning, training/learning technology, education, or a related field
OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Work with a variety of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and utilize available resources to produce relevant, measurable and learner-centered learning solutions utilizing scripts, storyboards, content authoring tools, and design techniques.
- Assist with development of learner engagement strategies and evaluation plans.
- Develop various forms of media such as eLearning presentations, print collateral, rich media, animation, simulation, interactive web modules and informational/instructional videos.
- Create scripts and storyboards to present a vision consistent with instructional theories.
- Manage the end-to-end design and development of a learning solution, from initial scoping to final learning product release. Coach other designers in best practices, and help the team conceptualize, design, and organize.
- Creates detailed training guides, aids and other materials that describe instructional content and convert them into interactive, engaging materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Proficient in use of: word processing, spreadsheets & scheduling software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Proficient in use of development software such Adobe Creative Cloud and Articulate 360
- Minimum twelve (12) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or e-learning applications preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Master's degree with emphasis in human resources, training, e-learning, training/learning technology, education, or a related field OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.