Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Sr Manager, Communications Project Management OfficeLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 814120 Date posted: 07/31/2019
- Formulates complex, effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities and vets them within the organization and with the client as appropriate.
- Proactively engages with senior leaders and business partners to accomplish communications initiatives. Develops and/or encourages new ideas / approaches. Establishes procedures and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex environments. Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve program effectiveness. Develops strategies using new technology to enhance decision making. Understands the impact of technological and process changes on the organization.
- Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Ensures that performance is aligned with mission, goals and outcomes and is completed within established time frames. Monitors and evaluates complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes. Has budget accountability.
- Provides managerial responsibility through multiple levels of management. Direction or control over the activities of a broad functional area, region, through several managers. Typically manages employees across multiple disciplines (both direct and indirect). Determines and establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships, subject to executive management approval.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of project management, consulting, or related business experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of project management methodologies required.
- Graduate degree in a business or management discipline preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.