Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Sr Professional Development ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 951890 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides extremely complex training, developmental, educational and consultative services to physicians primarily in administrative and managerial positions. Supports the management and leadership development needs, clinical education needs, physician health and wellness initiatives and physician patient communication training for staff physicians throughout the organization. Conceptualizes, develops, designs, and administers educational programs designed to support physician leadership and management development. Works independently on projects with broad implications/consequence, and take place in environments of ambiguity which provide high level of latitude in selecting the best course of action.
- Designs and delivers multi/cross-functional, regionwide, interregional, and program wide management development and clinical training programs.
- Develops long-range, integrated educational programs and strategies for targeted physician groups in newly created and/or rapidly changing roles.
- Designs and delivers a wide range of education programs which include physician leadership and management education programs, and interdisciplinary clinical continuing education programs.
- Develops and implements train the trainer programs for physicians.
- Monitors the quality of program outcomes.
- Provides administrative oversight to assigned multiple and concurrent programs.
- Accountable for the deliverables/program outcomes, and resources.
- Screens, selects, prepares and trains internal external faculty.
- Adapts standard leadership, management development, and medical education curricula to the unique needs of physicians and the Kaiser Permanente environment.
- Markets and represents the department.
- Mentors, coaches, and trains the less experienced consultants.
• Minimum seven (7) years of consulting and professional training experience with senior level management required.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in health care required.
• Master's degree in education, management development, instructional design, or organizational development required OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Expertise in organizational design, change management, and strategic planning.
• Extensive knowledge of medical center systems, legislation and operations.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Ph.D. preferred.
• Basic skills in computer graphics and word processing preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.