Sr Site Support SpecialistLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 931947 Date posted: 01/13/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a Sr Site Support Specialist, you will support our front-line clinical staff with KP HealthConnect questions and troubleshooting system issues. These items often require critical thinking and understanding of system configurations as well as the ability to direct users through unfamiliar workflows. In addition to KPHC support you will work with providers on deploying and troubleshooting iPhones, as well as provide local project support
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for answering the Service Desk technical support line in a fast paced, dynamic environment and performing initial troubleshooting on client/server, networking, hardware/software, desktop devices, and end-user applications. This includes logging calls in the incident tracking system, accurately documenting and verifying all client information provided, and troubleshooting steps and activities performed.Some of the unique challenges this position will face includemeeting the defined KPI targets as call volume increases.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Assists with efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Provides second level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (e.g., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Resolves moderately complex problems and provides support to others.
- Follows procedures for incident escalation and notification to leadership.
- Supports and assists with troubleshooting efforts in conjunction with customer to identify moderately complex problems.
- Identifies moderately complex problems and escalates to senior staff for prioritization.
- Supports and assists with tracking and develops documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system.
- Supports and assists efforts to meet key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity).
- Supports and assists with the documentation of workarounds for problem records and changes to proactive processes.
- Follows, supports, and assists in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Provides knowledge repository for moderately complex technical support.
- Reviews information and supports the compilation of information (e.g., procedures, installation, configuration) related to new technology.
- Provides after hours on call support for moderately complex issues.
- Supports and assists with the execution of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and events.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!