Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Stationary EngineerLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 837992 Date posted: 03/02/2020
- Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant equipment/systems and operations, including life support and life safety equipment.
- Three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
- Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical and/or refrigeration.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- CFC certificate required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distribution and alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors, and variable frequency drives.
- Understanding of preventive maintenance and work order system, preferably MP2.
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC equipment (including chillers and boilers), electrical distribution, and operating room equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.