Strategic Initiatives Master's Intern
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This role is scheduled to be 100% remote. While remote, finalists MUST reside in one of the following states to be eligible for employment with Kaiser Permanente: CA, OR, WA, HI, CO, GA, MD, VA, CT, DC, or IL.
Cost Structure Improvement organization leads strategic initiatives across KP.
This internship will offer a unique learning and career development opportunity to individuals who are interested in honing their technical, business, and leadership skills through rotations in multiple areas of the organization. This individual will support identifying, assessing, evaluating and tracking opportunities in care delivery portfolio.
Business Administration; Public Health; Healthcare Administration; Finance & Accounting
Knowledge of Excel, Power Point at the intermediate to advanced level
Ability to work with large data sets and complex calculations
Strong learning agility, flexibility, and adaptability
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to build strong working relationships
Effective teamwork and collaboration skills
Demonstrated leadership potential
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- This is a summer intern role
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest