Sales & Marketing
Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Strategic Market Planning ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 893088 Date posted: 10/14/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Active participation in a range of market strategy projects essential to KP's membership and margin goals. Market Strategy&Analysis Consultants provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, deep data analysis&programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) create documents (strategic segment plans, utilization reports) that inform critical strategic issues.
- Works with business/segment owners to identify key business issues.
- Manages major analytical and/or strategy projects.
- Develops analytic framework required to analyze business issues.
- Sets project and staff priorities.
- Owns the outcome- represents findings to stakeholders.
- Serves as subject matter/technical expert to Analysts.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience OR a master's degree and minimum one (1) year of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Access and other databases. Must know how to manipulate databases such as MS Excel and/or Access, as well as manipulating reports and generating reports.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience.
- Master's degree in business, public health, or related preferred.
The Consultant's responsibilities include:
- Evaluating business processes and functional requirement; recommending changes or improvements
- Developing business cases
- Providing client support during initiative or system development and implementation; this can include scoping, planning, and/or project management
- Developing relationships with upstream and downstream business partners
- Developing, maintaining, and improving business processes
- Understanding business processes of assigned partners and how they relate to our functional area
- Developing performance metrics and gaining buy-in; collecting and communicating results
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!