Strategic Sales Optimization Analyst III (REMOTE)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a sales enabler, the Strategic Sales Optimization Analyst III will lead and complete special analytical projects that assess Marketing, Sales, and Business Development issues and opportunities to enable our market-facing workforce to become more effective. 1) Develops and executes analytic frameworks required to analyze business issues. 2) Drives decision-making through effectively highlighting business insights. 3) Frames discussions and decisions as well as creates documents. Engages a range of stakeholders to gather feedback and gain buy-in for recommendations.
What is the work? The National Sales Planning and Analytics teams deliver sales analytics to inform strategic decisions that keep KP successful. We aim to transform internal and external data into a true competitive advantage for our market-facing sales teams.
- Information | We develop standard reporting to identify optimal selling, repositioning, retention, and growth strategies.
- Insights | We develop new analyses, actionable insights, and meaningful storytelling to inform sales strategies and decisions.
- Recommendations | We develop guidance throughout the sales process to optimize sales activities and remediation plans, including predictive and prescriptive targeting and planning tools.
- Consultation | We provide analytical consultation by effectively engaging and clarifying needs. We suggest appropriate approaches, tools, and techniques to prioritize and resolve problems.
Why would a person want to do this work?
The sales process requires data analysis every step of the way. We are looking for someone who seeks to innovate the best products possible for our clients. You enjoy a balance between business and technical acumen, providing the skills necessary to bridge the gap between technology and business needs. You are a technology innovator, who desires to use technology to increase efficiencies. You seek to drive decision-making by effectively highlighting business insights. You enjoy mentoring others and sharing your knowledge and experience with other team members, elevating our entire team.
Strategic Consultant & Project Leader
Effectively sets goals and objectives for projects. This role will lead projects, establish productive relationships, and engage with clients to clarify requests. Candidates will have experience recommending actionable approaches after evaluating business problems. The ability to work autonomously as well as guiding other team members is critical. Creates training materials, communication, and leadership presentations to drive change management of new tools, recommendations, and processes.
Complete exploratory data analysis to identify key issues and define problems for deeper analysis. Able to structure an analytical workstream approach without supervision. Incorporates business acumen into analytical presentations. Experience with descriptive statistics including normal distribution, central tendency, and variability.
Business Intelligence & Visualization
The Strategic Sales Optimization Analyst III will create dynamic, automated, and forward-looking analyses and business intelligence, using SQL, Salesforce, and Tableau. This role will synthesize the data into simple summaries connecting insights to action using a proficient level of written and verbal communication.
Is Kaiser Permanente a good place work?
- For the fourth consecutive year, Kaiser Permanente has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent group that monitors business ethics (link)
- Kaiser Permanente has been identified as one of the best places to work forLGBTQ equality (link)
- Glassdoor lists Kaiser Permanente as 2019 best place to work based on based on employee feedback (link)
Location? The position is available as a 100% remotely located position with a hybrid option to work in person in Oakland, CA when desired.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting data-informed decisions, gathering data and information on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion, and preparing data for analytic efforts. This position develops, implements, and automates business and reporting solutions and supports data analysis interpretation.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by validating data sources; querying, merging, and extracting data across sources; completing routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools for electronic data collection; and providing user training, support, and documentation.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by consolidating data; reviewing data for quality and accuracy; profiling data inaccuracies; and cleaning and creating final data set(s) for analysis.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning, and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency; summarizing data and results; creating summary statistics; organizing data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing documentation as appropriate.
- Supports data analysis interpretation by applying findings to contextual settings under the guidance of more senior employees; and developing reports and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making.
- Supports data-informed decisions by consulting with clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements; determining data/information needs and data collection methods; developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and documenting processes and deliverables.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Social/Physical/Life Science, Business, or related field and Minimum three (3) years experience in data analytics or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year experience delivering presentations to management.
- Two (2) years statistical modeling experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with Open Source Tools (e g , R, Python).
- Two (2) years experience working with Tableau.
- Two (2) years experience working with data visualization tools.
- Two (2) years experience working with SQL.
CARES, 2800 N. Vancouver #201, Portland,Oregon, 97034
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309
Renton Administration - Adams, 2921 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057
199 S. Los Robles, 199 S. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena,California, 91101 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 04:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Data Reporting Department: Po/Ho Corp - Membership & Market Analytics - 7016 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.