Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Strategy and Market Analyst Grad InternLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 773970 Date posted: 02/20/2019
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
The Quality Leader Information Connection team is a national executive advisory and engagement team serving both regional and national Quality Leaders within Kaiser Permanente. The team connects leaders with experts and information to accelerate, learning, spread and alignment across the organization.
Intern's primary responsibility will be to conduct a detailed market assessment of the health care industry conference market. Focus of the assessment will be to determine a thorough understanding of key players, industry trends, and market forces/economics - and develop content, positioning and strategy recommendations. Recommendations will be presented to senior leaders to inform future organizational direction and focus. Additional responsibilities may include ad-hoc tasks/projects associated with internal Quality consulting and Governance functions within Kaiser Permanente.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Desired Skill Set:
- Strong analytical skill set with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience producing and presenting documents to senior leaders
- Polished writing and oral communication skills
- Marketing and/or strategy coursework and/or work experience
- Healthcare background preferred (coursework or prior experience)
- Business Administration
- Public Health
- Health Care Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.