Support Services Admin LeadLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 848269 Date posted: 12/11/2019
- Scope: Position supports executive level manager by performing complex administrative activities that requires independent initiative and excellent judgment. Position may support multiple managers within various functional organizations. Position requires proficiency in Intermediate, Senior, and Lead level activities. Executes recommendations to improve office or organizational efficiencies.
- Supervision: With limited supervision, consistently and accurately completes complex assignments requiring independent action, and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. May direct the duties of lower level staff.
- Tools/Software: Uses a variety of software applications to research, track, compose, schedule and coordinate communications. Uses a variety of software to compose both routine and sensitive communications and reports, (including graphics presentations and desktop publishing). High level Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Schedule Plus) Operational knowledge of ARIBA, VANTIVE, Customer Service Request System, NIKU, and payroll TIME Proficient in the use of email, fax equipment and Xerox equipment.
- Logistics: Coordinates special events, large group meetings, conferences, and audio-visual equipment, Maintain executive calendar, and travel itineraries. Prepares and submits expense reports for executive/manager. Coordinate processes for new employee work environment, to include space assignment, telephone and computer arrangement. Coordinate and monitor resource moves, adds, or changes space reassignments. Provide solutions to cell phones, pagers, computer hardware/software needs and problems. Maintains and stocks department office supplies and equipment. Assume floor steward role to ensure shared equipment and/or services are functioning/stocked properly. Assumes liaison role between assigned unit and other KP-IT Business units.
- Information Handling: Labels, sorts and maintains department confidential files. Opens, date stamps, sorts, and delivers department mail. Disseminates information such as policies and agendas to functional unit team. Creates databases and spreadsheets to monitor information as needed. Research and analyze data to prepare reports for Executive. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls. Completes and/or reviews justification and Multiple Action Personnel Action Payroll forms for accuracy prior to submitting to executive for signature. May input data for performance evaluations into TCM on behalf of manager. Adheres to strict confidentiality and information privacy requirements.
- Communication: Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Negotiates conflict and difficult situations with tact and candor. Participates in committee meetings, prepares and distributes agenda, takes and transcribes minutes, prepares presentation summaries, manages logistics and oversees action items. Researches, compiles and formats information into databases and spreadsheets. Creates graphics, presentation materials, status reports, resource management reports, etc. Types, edits, and creates correspondence, such as forms, emails and letters. Reviews and edits all documents prepared for the executive and approves as needed. Acts as an information source on organization policies and procedures. Reviews executive's mail drafts responses or refers issues to appropriate staff member. Strong Customer Service Orientation.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a corporate office setting.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Minimum two (2) years of KP experience supporting VP or 2nd level manager preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.