Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Undergraduate Intern, Institute for Health PolicyLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 862784 Date posted: 02/11/2020
The Government Relations Department-s mission is to advance and protect the ability of Kaiser Permanente to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
The Intern will work on projects supporting communications for the Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Policy, an internal health policy think tank that shapes policy and practice with evidence and experience from the nation-s largest private integrated health care delivery and financing organization.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year with a focus on Public Health, Public Relations & Communications or Health and/or Public Policy
- Interest in and knowledge of current health policy issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written communications and editing skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Interest in and knowledge of current health policy issues.
- Strong written communication and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.