Health Care & Hospital Operations
Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
VP, Cancer Care ServicesLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 905645 Date posted: 09/05/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The VP, Enterprise Cancer Care Services is responsible for leading the transformation of Kaiser Permanente-s delivery of evidence-based, outcomes-driven cancer care services. Together with the Permanente Federation Cancer Care Physician leader, this position leads the development of an enterprise strategy that delivers exceptional service and quality outcomes for cancer patients across Kaiser Permanente and elevates KP-s reputation as a leading cancer care organization. This seasoned leader will have the proven ability to build leading cancer care programs with excellent end to end experience and clinical outcomes. This role will have accountability to incorporate social care aspects, precision genomics and cancer research into KP-s enterprise cancer care strategy. This role plays an oversight function for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, ensuring that Health Plan members receive high quality cancer care across Kaiser Permanente.
- Provide executive level leadership, strategic direction and recommendations over areas of accountability.
- Identify and implement actions in areas of accountability to improve quality, access, service and outcomes.
- Support the structure and processes to develop, implement and assure success of all areas related to cancer care services, including treatment pathways, time to first treatment and care coordination.
- Ensure that Kaiser Permanente is strategically positioned to maintain ongoing regulatory compliance across cancer care services.
- Identify future demand by service line; including community resource capacity.
- Support and guide the development and implementation of cancer care services operating plans across all regions.
- Champion and implement cancer care services innovations to achieve organizational goals.
- Explore critical issues related to cancer care services for specific populations; such as complex needs patients; creating innovative care delivery models to address those needs.
- In partnership with key constituents, develop and implement the future vision for cancer care services across KP including the integration of social needs, genomics and research. Facilitate the flow of information to and from the organization to industry, members and the community at large. Engage community partners to drive Kaiser Permanente-s cancer care objectives.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare system leading cancer services or cancer care institute, alliance or other system with a blend of cancer care clinical and program leadership roles.
- Bachelor-s degree in a nursing or related clinical field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Significant experiences in the implementation of large-scale clinical programs, preferably using an implementation science approach.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated financial, operational and technical skills in driving and promoting quality, safety, cost effective care and services. Has the requisite business planning, strategic and operational skills to achieve both short- and long-term goals.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Developing constructive working relationships and partnerships with internal and external partners
- Willingness to challenge the -status quo-
- Excellent interpersonal skills (negotiation, listening and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences
- Demonstrated ability to operate in complex situations and remain effective
- Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity. Capable of persevering in difficult situations
- Has an open, collaborative leadership style that promotes teamwork and partnership while achieving desired results
- Master-s degree strongly preferred.
- Leadership of a multi-site cancer organization is preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.