Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Workforce Health ConsultantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 868132 Date posted: 03/25/2020
wellness program consultant in a customer facing capacity/role to support sales
and account management in meeting the Workforce Health needs of customers,
brokers, and consultants and is responsible for increasing enrollment, member
satisfaction and retention. This role will be responsible for the
evaluation, development and implementation of programs to support customers'
worksite wellness needs. This role is responsible for supporting consultation
regarding KP services to help employer workforce populations improve their
health and wellness and better manage chronic conditions. Improving health and
workforce productivity is at the core of KP's value proposition and the purpose
of this position reflects the importance of supporting the messages, tools and
offerings to position KP to better tell its value story to current and
prospective employer customers.
The position includes
analysis/evaluation of customers- business and/or process and functional
requirements, development of proposals, client support during implementation,
development and maintenance of service level agreements.This position is responsible for developing relationships
with business partners (both internal and external) and understands the business
processes of customers and how they relate to our functional areas.
Business Consulting: Includes analysis/evaluation of business and/or system process and functional requirements, development of business cases, client support during system development and implementation, development and maintenance of service level agreements. Develops relationships with upstream and downstream business partners. Develops/maintains and changes business processes, and understands the business processes of assigned partners and how they relate to our functional areas. Develops and recommends changes to business processes.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- This job is the fully-qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Demonstrates expertise in functional area business processes and understands assigned and cross functional areas.
- Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as: new/existing business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems.
- Coordinates the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Accountable for tracking and/or monitor and report for senior mgmt the results of actualization of benefits.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Develops cross-initiative integration plans.
- Identifies other initiatives that exist and ensures that efforts are not duplicated.
- Supports a variety of applications.
- Consults on the integration of application systems into the work environment, regarding their operational and training implications.
- Acts as project lead in the coordination of solution development and the implementation of the final product/service.
- Acts as a liaison between business clients and technical staff and/or with development staff throughout the development life cycle.
- May develop project plans.
- Identifies and coordinates within other project managers and implements schedule deadlines as appropriate.
- Manages common resource demands.
- Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience, to include a minimum two (2) years in a consulting role.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a healthcare environment or other relevant environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- May establish cross-functional task forces.
- Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional area and multi-area functionality based on assignment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certification or advanced qualification by third party association that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.