CT Technologist - Per Diem - Olympia
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
OLY TPT CT TECH, VARIABLE DAYS/HOURS
Provide CT and Diagnostic X-ray imaging services to patients in accordance with physicians orders. Ensure patient safety and provide high quality testing. Prepare rooms and equipment. Perform testing, operating equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and process images. Exercise professional judgment and uphold medical ethics in performance of diagnostic services. Apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific patients including geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and pediatrics. Maintain strict patient and staff confidentiality. Adhere to appropriate sterile techniques. On occasions when the employee is assigned duties that are within their professional scope of practice but outside of the duties outlined in this job description, the duties of the relevant job description will apply for the duration of the assignment. May require heavy lifting.
- Diagnostic Testing: Performs quality images through protocols and positions to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patients comfort and ability. Demonstrates knowledge to perform cross-section imaging. Produces images in accordance with proper radiographic techniques. Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to provide services to all age groups served. Provides patient education on procedures according to age-specific needs. Facilitates patients cooperation and alleviates anxiety by addressing concerns. Verifies appropriate procedure to be performed by checking physicians orders and outpatient prescriptions. Contacts physicians with discrepancies. Demonstrates understanding of contrast agents for the proper organ studies and prepares desired contrast media. Ensures appropriate documentation prior to procedure. Assists with procedures as needed.
- Customer Service: Provides timely, responsive, expert services to customers in a positive friendly manner, to include patient, physicians, and other fellow employees. Informs consumers and those accompanying them when delays exist and how they are being addressed. Promotes patient focused care throughout daily activities. Provides quality patient care to include preparation, scheduling, description of exam, communication of pain expectation, post procedure expectation and teaching all types of patient procedures as needed. Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality. Communicate to the patient when they will be receiving their results.
- Patient and Employee Safety: Maintains safe radiation levels at all times to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others. No deviation from written procedures on radiation safety rules. Performs all necessary equipment checks prior to use. Ensures patient and regulatory standards are adhered to and suggests ways to improve patient outcomes when indicated. Completes quality assurance, quality control and radiation safety activities as appropriate. Establishes patients identification with patient and by checking patients armband. Ensures no repeat studies due to failure to check armband and/or improperly identified patient. Observes patient during procedures and reports any unusual occurrences or changes in patients condition to appropriate personnel. Ascertains allergy status on patients. Demonstrates compliance in IV access and follows departmental IV protocol. Demonstrates educated and rapid response to contrast reactions as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- General Behavior: Observes patient during procedures and reports any unusual occurrences or changes in patients condition. Arrives at the start of the assigned shift ready to begin work; take lunch and breaks at appropriate times, and leaves work at the end of the assigned shift. Maintains neat, clean and well stock room. Identifies staff training issues and participates in Policy and procedures development as appropriate. Communicates concerns as appropriate to lead technologists and management. Works as an effective team member with other colleagues to efficiently perform radiological procedures. Rotates shifts and assignments as required. Takes stand-by call as assigned and responds to call back per Call Policy. Regulatory: Adheres to Cooperative-wide Personal Protection Equipment, Universal Precautions, Related Medical Waste (RMW), Infection Control, Safety, and other OSHA Policies and Procedures.
- Information System: Ensures patient information is accurately enters into departmental computer system, as required by each site. Arrives, selects current account and completes patients for the appropriate procedure, as directed in Radiology Information System (RIS).
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduated from an accredited radiologic technology program.
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at hire
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Computed Tomography required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting.
- One (1) year of experience in direct cross-sectional anatomy.
- One (1) year of experience in diagnostic x-ray procedures.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest