Environmental Services Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
SUN & SAT (ON-CALL: MON, TUE & FRI). SEEKING RESPONSIBLE AND ATTENTIVE EVS TEAMMATES WHO ABIDE BY COMPANY POLICY AND ARE DEDICATED TO MAINTAINING SAFE AND STERILE ENVIRONMENTS.
Ensure a quality environment for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington staff, patients and visitors by performing low level maintenance, routine safety and security surveillance and cleaning areas and surfaces using approved disinfectants, equipment and supplies.
- Cleans patient, staff, and public areas using the appropriate cleaning solutions and the 7-step cleaning procedure: a) High dust all flat surfaces over 6ft. Using high dusting tool and head or ladder as needed. b) Empty all trash receptacles and wipe inside and outside with germicide solutions and reline receptacles, exchange sharps containers as needed. c) Damp wipe/spot clean all surfaces, furnishings under 6 ft. and spot wipe walls and partitions as needed. d) Dry mop all floors using dust mop frame and treated head to include under and behind all furnishings. e) Bathroom cleaning to include wiping all surfaces, shelves, sink, showers, and toilet. f) Damp mop entire room to include under and behind furnishings. g) Inspect the area to ensure that all steps have been completed and the area looks neat and clean.
- Cleans corridors and public areas using the 4-step cleaning procedure: a) dry mop. B) Damp mop. C) Spray buff. D) Dry mop. Move furniture and equipment for cleaning, re-arranging and meeting room set ups.
- Safely operates electric and battery powered cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffers, burnishes, autoscrubbers, and extractors. Removes trash and debris: transports trash and debris properly protected. Project completion such as scrubbing/stripping and refinishing floors bonnet boffing and extracting carpets. Extracting upholstery, cleaning wheelchairs, lights, vents, and radiators. Close and remove sharp containers when full.
- Move clean and/or soiled linen carts to/from patient and other areas, properly protected. Discharge/transfer cleaning. Wears protective attire (i.e: goggles, gloves, gowns) for safety purposes. Functions as a contributing member of an Environmental Services Team. Conducts routine surveillance of the interior building spaces, ad takes appropriate action to prevent violation of KFHPW safety and security policies. Lock doors, arm alarms as required. Sweep exterior sidewalks adjacent to entryways. Perform snow removal duties as needed. PA setup. Clock adjustment. Minor telephone repair. Lamp replacement. Initial check on Nurse call stations. Replace pillow speaker. Electrical outlet checks. Induction Unit cleaning. Thermostat adjustment. Drain treatment and clearing. Toilet clearing and Aerator repair.
- Low level maintenance such as unplugging toilets and sinks. Knowledge of chemical usage and dilutions. Remove medical waste receptacles, label and store according to procedure. Thoroughly clean working equipment. Store as recommended by manufacturer to ensure extended use and value. Stock all paper products and soap. Shows initiative in the thorough manner in which work is completed. Takes care of situations when they arise. Understands and complies with Washington State Department of Health guidelines and codes. Maintains a safe working environment following all OSHA WISHA regulations. Understands and complies with KFHPW safety policies.
- Communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- One (1) year of custodial experience in an outpatient setting.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest